Pathfinder: Hell's Rebels
The following variants from Pathfinder Unchained will be used:
- Alternative Alignment (only outsiders)
- Background Skills
- Action Economy
- Diseases and Poisons
- Alternative Crafting Rules
The following variants from Pathfinder Unchained can be used:
- Scaling Items
- Dynamic Magic Item Creation
- Skill Unlocks
- Variant Multiclassing
- Unchained Rogue Class
We will be using Chase Rules.
At any point during a combat outside (or inside with immediate access to the exterior) the party can declare it is running at the start of a round. All characters delay down to the character with the lowest initiative. Once that initiative is reached the combat translates to a chase across the city map.
By default all characters start out in the leader position with all opponents in the close contact or point blank positions as appropriate for the combat. If all characters perform a successful bluff check vs. the highest sense motive of their opponents, all opponents start in the short position.
Rebellion House Rules
Title: At rank 4, then again at ranks 9, 14, and 19, the PCs earn a title as befits their growing power in the rebellion. While the title itself is largely just an honorific, it also coincides with the acquisition of a bonus feat or other benefit each PC has earned through a combination of training with rebellion members and self-confidence gained from the rebellion’s growing strength.
- any teamwork feat for which you and at least one other character qualify.
- Any bonus feat for which you qualify.
Training: At rank 2, then again at ranks 7, 12, and 17, each PC gains a bonus skill rank that can be immediately applied to any skill. This represents training the PC has gained through association with the increasing number of skilled workers and rebels who have joined the cause. This bonus skill rank can be applied to any skill, as if it were a bonus rank gained by earning a level in a favored class. It stacks with all other sources of skill ranks, but a character’s maximum rank in any skill remains unchanged; the PC can never have more ranks in any one skill than he or she has Hit Dice. Subsequent training bonuses can be applied to the same skill or a different skill, as the PC wishes.
Instead of a skill increase, the players may pick one feat from the following list that they qualify for.
- Blustering Bluff
- Brilliant Planner
- Call Truce
- Criminal Reputation
- Cutting Humiliation
- Intoxicating Flattery
- Ironclad Logic
- Insightful Advice
- Nerve-Racking Negotiator
- Persuasive Bribery
- Play to the Crowd
- Quick Favor
- Sense Assumptions
- Sense Relationships
- Street Smarts
- Threatening Negotiator
- Willing Accomplice
These feats are found described in Ultimate Intrigue.
Misc House Rules
- Climb checks are not required to move vertically in an urban environment unless in a combat, chase or due to conditions
- All casters get Eschew Materials.
- Point Blank Shot is no longer a prerequisite for Precise Shot. It is still a prerequisite for any feat that has Precise Shot as a prerequisite, such as Improved Precise Shot.
- Combat Expertise is no longer a prerequisite for any Improved [Combat Maneuver] feat, including Improved Feint.
- Combat maneuvers do not provoke attacks of opportunity unless they fail. This rule works both ways, opponents may well be using more combat maneuvers.